Traditionally Paal Payasam is made with rice which is cooked in milk by simmering for a long time and sugar is added as a sweetner. I used Little Millet for this recipe and a creamy payasam was ready in 30 minutes.
- 1/4 Cup Little Millet
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- 1/2 + 1/2 Cups Boiled and Cooled Milk in room temperature.
- 1/8 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 Saffron Strands
- 2 Finely Grated Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Ghee Fried Cashews
- 4 Tbsp Sugar ( I use brown sugar)
- Wash and soak millet in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add ghee, drained millet, water,saffron strands and half cup milk. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Switch off.
- Open after 5 minutes, slightly mash the cooked millet and add the balance 1/2 cup milk and sugar.
- Mix and close the cooker with weight on.
- Open after 10 minutes. Creamy payasam ready.
- Garnish with cashews and almonds.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email