Halwa is a traditional sweet usually made using nuts, sooji and wheat flour. I have made this sweet with ragi flour. The soft halwa is made possible by using Autolysis technique
- 1/2 Cup Ragi Flour
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/3 Heaped Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cashew Nut
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- In a pan pour 2 tbsp ghee, cashew nut, ragi flour and make a roux.
- Roast the flour in low heat till the cashew nut turns brown evenly.
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add water, jaggery, cardamom powder and the remaining 1 tsp of ghee. Cook for a whistle.
- Remove pressure carefully and transfer the roux to the boiling water. Give a quick mix.
- Close the lid with weight on and let it remain for 15 minutes.
- Open and serve the yummy halwa.