Semiya/Vermicelli Payasam/kheer is a dessert loved by almost everyone! This has an important place during functions and festivals. I replaced the normal vermicelli with Ragi vermicelli and it was as tasty as the traditional semiya payasam!!
- 1/2 cup Ragi Vermicelli/Semiya
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/8 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 5 Tsp Brown Sugar
- A few strands of saffron
- 2 Tsp ghee fried nuts
- Wash and drain vermicelli and put them in a coffee tumbler.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker
- Add milk, cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Place the tumbler in the middle.
- Close and cook for 2 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Transfer the cooked vermicelli to the milk, add sugar and fried nuts.
- Mix and keep covered for 10 minutes. Aromatic semiya payasam ready!
- Serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email