Sesame/Til/Ellu laddus are famous all over India. I mixed Flaxseeds along with sesame and it tasted awesome! The seeds are roasted, powdered and mixed with jaggery syrup.
- 40 grms White Sesame Seeds
- 40 grms Flax Seeds
- 40 grms Jaggery Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp of Kopra/Dry coconut
- 1/4 Cup Water for Jaggery Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flax seeds separately till they pop up.
- Using a blender powder them adding dry coconut and cardamom powder. Pulse them for few seconds and repeat. Do not run the mixie for a long time as the seeds may release oil.
- In a pan add jaggery powder and water. Make a thick syrup, add the blended powder and mix well.
- Transfer to a plate. Make laddus when the mixture is warm enough to handle.
- Store in an air tight container.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- I used 24 Mantra Organic Jaggery Powder. Different brands of jaggery may give varying results. So go by the light burnt smell of jaggery for the syrup.