Sesame/Til/Ellu laddus are famous all over India. I mixed Flaxseeds along with sesame and it tasted awesome! The seeds are roasted, powdered and mixed with jaggery syrup. I followed jaggery syrup hack of OPOS.
- 40 grms White Sesame Seeds
- 40 grms Flax Seeds
- 40 grms Jaggery Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp of Kopra/Dry coconut
- 2 tbsp Water for Jaggery Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flax seeds separately till they pop up.
- Using a blender powder them adding dry coconut and cardamom powder. Pulse them for few seconds and repeat. Do not run the mixie for a long time as the seeds may release oil.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add jaggery powder and water. Close and cook on small burner high for 8 whistles.
- Release the pressure carefully and add the blended powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a plate. Make laddus when the mixture is warm enough to handle.
- Store in an air tight container.
- I used 24 Mantra Organic Jaggery Powder. Different brands of jaggery may give varying results. So go by the light burnt smell of jaggery for the syrup.