Shakkar Para is a snack item generally made during Diwali. Refined flour is mixed with sugar and deep fried. I replaced refined flour with jowar flour.
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Sooji/Rava Powder
- 1/2 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp White sesame seeds
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Mix the rava flour, jowar flour, ghee, salt, sugar, sesame seeds and cardamom powder.
- Make a soft dough with milk.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough in to 1/2'' thick roti and cut into desired shapes.
- Deep fry in oil on medium heat.