Sheer khurma or Sheer khorma, means ''milk with dates'' in Persian, is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims on Eid ul-Fitr in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and parts of Central Asia. Dry fruits are cooked along with milk and vermicelli which gives a rich taste to the dish. I used Jowar semiya and honey as a sweetener. The end result was a healthy pudding.
- 1/4 Cup Jowar Vermicelli/Semiya
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dates
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 Crushed Cardamom
- 2 Tsp Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tsp Rose Water
- 4 Strands of Saffron
- 1/4 Cup roasted nuts of almonds, pistas and cashews
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add vermicelli, dates, milk, cardamom, ghee and saffron strands.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.
- Open immediately by carefully removing the pressure manually.
- Add honey, rose water and roasted nuts.
- Serve warm or chill.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?