Sheer khurma or Sheer khorma, means ''milk with dates'' in Persian, is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims on Eid ul-Fitr in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and parts of Central Asia. Dry fruits are cooked along with milk and vermicelli which gives a rich taste to the dish. I used Jowar semiya and honey as a sweetener. The end result was a healthy pudding.
- 1/4 Cup Jowar Vermicelli/Semiya
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dates
- 4 Crushed Cardamom
- 2 Tsp Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tsp Rose Water
- 4 Strands of Saffron
- 1/4 Cup roasted nuts of almonds, pistas and cashews
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add vermicelli, dates, milk, cardamom, ghee and saffron strands.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.
- Open immediately by carefully removing the pressure manually.
- Add honey, rose water and roasted nuts.
- Serve warm or chill.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?