Payasam/Kheer is a common dessert made very often in all homes. Milk or coconut milk is used for payasam. I used millet milk along with coconut milk for this recipe. The kheer was rich, flavourful and tasty! Try this vegan dessert and enjoy!!
- 1/2 Cup Green gram/Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut milk
- 2 Cups Millet Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Nuts
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add water, sprouted moong and millet milk. Cook for 3 whistles. Switch off.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add jaggery powder and water. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Open the cooker after pressure settles down. Mix in the jaggery syrup and coconut milk to the cooked sprouts. Add roasted nuts.
- Serve warm.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?