Payasam/Kheer is a common dessert made very often in all homes. Milk or coconut milk is used for payasam. I used millet milk along with coconut milk for this recipe. The kheer was rich, flavourful and tasty! Try this vegan dessert and enjoy!!
- 1/2 Cup Green gram/Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut milk
- 2 Cups Millet Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Nuts
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add water, sprouted moong and millet milk. Cook for 3 whistles. Switch off.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add jaggery powder and water. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Open the cooker after pressure settles down. Mix in the jaggery syrup and coconut milk to the cooked sprouts. Add roasted nuts.
- Serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?