Payasam/Kheer is a common dessert made very often in all homes. Milk or coconut milk is used for payasam. I used millet milk along with coconut milk for this recipe. The kheer was rich, flavourful and tasty! Try this vegan dessert and enjoy!!
- 1/2 Cup Green gram/Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut milk
- 2 Cups Millet Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Nuts
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add as follows:
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sprouted moong spread evenly
- 2 cups millet milk
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder mixed with 1/4 cup water in a small tumbler kept inside the cooker.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes. Open after pressure settles down. Mix in the jaggery syrup and coconut milk to the cooked sprouts. Add roasted nuts.
- Serve warm.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email