Puttu is a sweet dish generally prepared during Navarathri as this is considered special for Ambal. Puttu is prepared by Steaming rice flour and mixing with jaggery syrup. I replaced rice flour with jowar and used OPOS techniques to get a soft texture. The result was awesome!
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp Water
- 1/4 Cup Grated Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Water for the syrup
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Cashew nuts broken and fried in ghee
- In a small coffee tumbler add jaggery and a tbsp water kept for syrup.
- In a 3 Lr Pressure Cooker, add a cup of water.
- Place the flour in a vessel and keep the jaggery tumbler beside this. Ensure that water doesn't enter the flour and jaggery containers.
- Cook for 8 whistles and open after pressure settles down.
- With the help of a fork fluff up and add ghee, jaggery syrup, cardamom powder, cashew nuts and grated coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Soft Puttu is ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?