Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Many of my friends find it difficult to cook perfect millet rice. They face problems like under cooked, over cooked or cooked but the rice becoming dry after sometime. So wanted to share the basic millet rice recipe. Millets like Kodo, Little, Barnyard and Foxtail are used for making rice.
- 1 Cup Kodo/Little/Barnyard/Foxtail Millet (Varagu/ Samai/ Kudhiraivali/Thinai)
- 2 Cups Water
- Wash the millet thoroughly.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, soak the millet in 2 cups of water for an hour.
- Cook for 3 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Fluff up after 10 minutes with a fork.
- Perfectly cooked soft non mushy rice ready.