Many of my friends find it difficult to cook perfect millet rice. They face problems like under cooked, over cooked or cooked but the rice becoming dry after sometime. So wanted to share the basic millet rice recipe. Millets like Kodo, Little, Barnyard and Foxtail are used for making rice.
- Wash the millet thoroughly. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, add 2 cups of water and millet.
- Cook for 3 whistles.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Fluff up after 10 minutes with a fork.
- Perfectly cooked soft non mushy rice ready.
- If you are using polished variety, soaking for 10 minutes will do.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?